[Healeys] Clutch/Release/Pressure Plate Questions

To: "'healeys @autox.team.net'" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] Clutch/Release/Pressure Plate Questions
From: Jonas Payne <JPayne@ThorCon.net>
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2012 20:26:54 +0000
Accept-language: en-US
Given the mix/match nature of my recent healey restoration, I am now
questioning the combination of parts I have in the driveline.

At some point in the car's life, a 26D engine was built to 2.9 liter
specifications (Bored, cammed up, correct cyl head, etc. etc.).  The BJ8 OD
transmission is original to the car.  Generally I would surmise that somebody
broke the original block, and re-used the head, trans, cam and other
salvageable bits from the original on/in the donor 26D block.

 That said, I have no idea which flywheel is actually on the car, could be any
of the 3 utilized during healey 6 production.

I utilized the diaphragm clutch, throwout bearing and clutch disk that are all
appropriate to a BJ8 when I rebuilt it, so I didn't mix and match anything
there, and of course the pressure plate bolted right up , but the question
remains, what if any material difference was there in the flywheels?

Jonas Payne
PBR
Cell:   (702) 358-5084