Re: [Healeys] Cam and crank gear timing update

To: Jonathan Quandt <jfaquandt@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Cam and crank gear timing update
From: jerry adams <cjerryadams@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2012 06:21:32 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: Healey list <healeys@autox.team.net>
Jonathan,

For all 4 cycle engines I am pretty sure ( taught this in
Engineering school) that the crank and cam are geared so that the crank turns
two revolutions for one revolution of the cam.   So what you have said about
the timing below follows the rule.  I think that either of your gears could be
marked 180 deg out or installed wrong.  You need to check new gears against
old gears and new crank and cam against old.  This would entail a minor tear
down by removing the gears and camshaft to check.  Better be safe than sorry
later.

Jerry
BN2