Re: [Healeys] Question

To: "'Bob Spidell'" <bspidell@comcast.net>, "'healeys'" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Question
From: "Al Fuller" <al@bighealey.org>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2012 12:12:53 -0400
Hi Bob:

On the morning I attempted to drive the Healey to Conclave this year, it
would not start.  Long story short, it had dropped a valve [replacement,
hardened] valve seat as it cranked.

On disassembly, it appears the engine [which had about 10-15 years and
~20,000 miles on it] didn't have significant 'gunk'.  The rings look good,
not much pan sludge, etc.

I buy gas at Costco when at home, and try to use major brands when on the
road.

I hope this helps your inquiry.

Al Fuller
al at bighealey dot org