Re: [Healeys] John Fitch has passed

To: <healeyguy@aol.com>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] John Fitch has passed
From: "Patrick and Caroline Quinn" <p_cquinn@tpg.com.au>
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2012 07:07:42 +1100
G'day Perry

It's interesting that there is an Australian driver of the same period who
has a very similar history.

Squadron Leader Tony Gaze DFC and Two Bars was in England at the start of
WW2, joined the RAF, had 11 kills. Was also shot down and worked alongside
the French Resistance. Later was the first Allied pilot to land in France
after D Day.

Tony had raced at Brooklands before the war and then went motor racing and
raced all over Europe, Australia and NZ after and eventually went on to
represent Australia in gliding.

There is a book about his exploits called 'Almost Unknown'. He is still
alive.

I have had the pleasure of interviewing both Fitch and Gaze and they
are/were both very similar and unassuming people.

Hoo Roo

Patrick Quinn
Sydney, Australia