Re: [Healeys] John Fitch

To: Jackson Krall <jackson_krall@yahoo.com>, "simon.lachlan@homecall.co.uk" <simon.lachlan@homecall.co.uk>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] John Fitch
From: HealeyRick <healeyrick@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2012 14:03:39 -0800 (PST)
Cc: "healeys@autox.team.net" <healeys@autox.team.net>
I've attended the vintage festivals at Lime Rock for just about 30 yrs and
have seen some memorable racing and racers.  But I'll never forget seeing Mr.
Fitch, well into his 80s, driving the downhill coming onto the main straight.
He went a bit wide to the left then came back across the track to the right
and onto the grass, looking like he was going to collect the car into the
guardrail.  Somehow, driving on the grass, he managed to collect it all up and
come to a safe stop.  It would have been astounding for a driver in his
prime.  Raise a glass to a life well-lived.

Rick

"Madman in a death
machine"
Follow My Nasty Boy Build:  http://tinyurl.com/yj52fwo