Re: [Healeys] Healey Pittsburgh PA Craigslist

To: Mike Garvey <r3m1g4@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Healey Pittsburgh PA Craigslist
From: Jody Kerr <jodyfkerr@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2012 21:39:59 -0700
Cc: healeys@autox.team.net
Mike,

Basically the same as any scam. Someone who has no rights or ownership
of the car presents pictures of it and offers to sell it at an
unbelieveable price. Then the story stats how it's in california, or
is somewhere else, and has to be shipped. If you can just make a 20%
deposit on the car. etc. etc. etc.

Next thing you know your money's gone.

This one was patently obvious as the photos of the car were most
definitely not taken in Pittsburgh. No phone number or name are also
indicators. On Craigslist the term Caveat Emptor is of utmost
importance. Never, ever, ever, ever, talk $$ about a car unless you or
a representative can see it and the seller has a title in hand.

Jody

--
http://www.theymightberacing.com/

1953 Studebaker Champion            1960 Austin Healey 3000 (BT7L/5479)
1974 Jensen Healey MKII (14291)   1974 Jensen Healey MKII (18854)
1978 Triumph Spitfire (Mum's)         1981 Triumph TR8
1970 MG MGB                               1980 Triumph TR7
disinclination to do so."
--Douglas Adams