Re: [Healeys] another overdrive problem

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] another overdrive problem
From: "Ross Osborne" <ross.osborne@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2012 20:13:50 +1300
Following a recent rebuild I have 470-490 psi but it drops to 110-120 when
O/D selected and does not engage until the pressure builds back up to about
130. The pressure then slowly climbs back to 470-490.

I am experiencing a similar problem to Gary's where the O/D  'slips' when
the vehicle slows down with no throttle applied. In my case at about 30 mph.
This did not happen until the gauge was removed but I assume the pressure
leaks off when travelling slowly and the oil is hot.

Any ideas why there is such a large drop in pressure, I understand it should
drop only 100-150 as O/D engages.

Ross Osborne NZ