Re: [Healeys] Moss Motors adjustable camber bushing set

To: Tom Felts <tomfelts@windstream.net> s=q20121106; t=1354666518; bh=l6SetV360qWltEAMnaI1HYSd1OKk/oWajSxejlJAsuM=; h=Received:Received:Date:From:To:Message-ID:Subject:MIME-Version: Content-Type; b=MfAhnsI5d2tkxYs9NnCH8TnIYRSckV5VYDUgV5Qbvq+BVDU7qhSH4U5p3AvLhfB4i XtJ2PcHFn02PDqdLz+F9T4Rz2iK+3hE8mCemEWS0zbt8WD5KW/NFEeZRY3sRrUYJ5N UlKKOpcFC88jqnnek/tsmMAqDICKcRHKBC/WBu8sCuFDI2UzyLRMisvbOmn8LhMY1f p0BSzIzFZ78XyXMo4F/x5seEX1hp36kE74CUlo89CVGPCcmaYIUDYpCFPNxZMLhyW8 TIKfLcNiv0OKpOSQ0Ad0FIhELREi46YgHGyrpUZj6tV7kl8v1NFzx90lsl8Uc7p9iS mxJqZ5KbTWIgA==
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Moss Motors adjustable camber bushing set
From: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2012 00:15:18 +0000 (UTC)
Cc: healeys@autox.team.net
Pretty normal IMO. No matter what camber setting you have, when you corner
you'll have some body roll and the moments of inertia will shift to the outside
of the turn. This causes the tire to roll towards the inside of the turn, and
to put more weight and hence more wear on the outer part of the tire. The rear
tires wear more on the outside, too, but not as much as the front.

More modern/better suspensions do a better job of keeping the tire/wheel
orthogonal to the road through the suspension arc, but tires on most cars will
generally wear more on the outside.

Remedy: never turn.

Bob

Bob Spidell - San Jose, CA