Re: [Healeys] engine flooding running too fast

To: Jonathan Quandt <JFAQuandt@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] engine flooding running too fast
From: Alan Seigrist <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2012 09:30:26 +0800
Cc: Healey <healeys@autox.team.net>
Jonathan -

I would suggest that the butterfly plates were not sealed properly against
the throat body, and thus are cocked open. Alternatively, you can check to
make sure the throttles are aligned properly first before taking the carb
off the car by loosening the shaft connector and see if that brings the
idle down.

More fuel usually means slower worse idle.  More air usually means faster
idle, so you are getting too much air somewhere.

Alan