Re: [Healeys] Healey Milestone

To: Bert Van Brande <bertvanbrande@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Healey Milestone
From: Curtis Arndt <cnaarndt@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2012 19:11:38 -0800
Cc: List Healey <healeys@autox.team.net>
Bert and Mike,

I know of several shops that can do the grill correctly, but they are not
in SoCal.  The big thing with the 100 grill is to have the shop polish the
fragile brass surround while it's still screwed to the grill slats.  This
way there is a lesser chance of the surround warping with heat or getting
caught in the buffing wheel by a ham fisted polisher.  Trust me I know.

Bert I'll call you later this week to talk about your car and other
things.   BTW, the car looks great.

I've attached a photo of  a properly restored grill done by a shop in
Canada for a fellow "List" member.

Curt

On Sun, Dec 23, 2012 at 5:10 PM, Bert Van Brande <bertvanbrande@yahoo.com>wrote:

> Resending as it bounced being too long for the list, needed to cut out
> This is now out of order with Michael's reply regarding
> California's chroming situation.
>
> Bert
>
> Hi Michael,
>
> The grille is restored
> but not yet chromed.  It was de-chromed before restoration and the slats
> look
> rough with a layer of copper but that's all.  I hope it does not change
> shape
> too much in the chroming process.
>
> Any tips on chrome shop to use are welcome.
>  I live in SoCal and work in Texas.
>
> Bert
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/cnaarndt@gmail.com

Correct Re-chromed Healey 100 Grill.jpg]