Re: [Healeys] Brake fluid. MkII BT7

To: Simon Lachlan <simon.lachlan@homecall.co.uk> s=q20121106; t=1356709728; bh=yVfmpWwqgfaT0mlQioDPhGudTDtbkLHwllOHlQwGAFk=; h=Received:Received:Date:From:To:Message-ID:Subject:MIME-Version: Content-Type; b=rNNB68iPZQMjNM4NUWC8tYhI/xIvhO7DNFQWZnKvdsG7toh0LEHYG0am7JqWuLWNM 5hc4gsP6hjLBP24MlMPKBZuwnuuzMI4nd8j4tRchF7kkhv+ljBkzRXVpHNeRGM3B49 GflhoKoD/mnDBZ+HLMtKJ6QbIKBWPa/OXAqWxRSSrZcOHSbdwRGREbHUZiqixV6AL9 A4oHTQzijYlRCS1o6/gUmNUXHHVNe1tMKOi0kqm5oRBZWyY8SxfCG954KQxLt6uWpK yJBN5uGRDIILjGNOttUp+QFk+Juk+/t9QlZ7+BdjYYHgfdslR4lZpMhptPwz2qaJdu V2Z+C4RaZE0Xg==
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Brake fluid. MkII BT7
From: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2012 15:48:48 +0000 (UTC)
Cc: healeys@autox.team.net
I've only seen BF in pints or quarts (I've heard there's some other silly
measuring system in use, somewhere).

If you're changing from glycol BF to silicone--fresh rubber
notwithstanding--buy a quart and use most of it to flush and bleed (note
flushing with denatured alcohol is recommended--there will still be some glycol
residue on the pipes).

If sticking with glycol BF you might be able to get by with a pint, but I think
you'd be cutting it close. Glycol BF isn't that expensive, buy two pints and if
one is enough keep the second sealed. If not, use them both up (theoretically,
leftover glycol BF should be chucked once the seal is broken because it's
hygroscopic).

BTW, if you're going to silicone avoid agitating the container--it does aerate
and can make bleeding difficult. Pour carefully.

Bob

Bob Spidell - San Jose, CA