Re: [Healeys] Smith's Temp Gauge

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Smith's Temp Gauge
From: Oudesluys <coudesluijs@chello.nl>
Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2013 17:51:50 +0100
If the bourdon spring is OK inside the gauge a new aether bulb and
capillary tube can be fitted or, if you are expert enough you can locate
the leak, probably one of the solder joints gone because of the heat
applied and rectify the damage taking great care not to block up the
capillary tube and refill the system with aether.
If the bourdon spring has blown a new gauge is at hand.
There is no temperature sensitive bi-metal spring involved in these
gauges as there is in electric temperature gauges.
Kees Oudesluijs
NL

--
Kees Oudesluijs
Dorpsstraat 183

Technische commissie Jensen Healey en GT
Het Jensen Genootschap Holland
www.jensenholland.nl