[Healeys] Engine mounting plate gasket

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: [Healeys] Engine mounting plate gasket
From: john spaur <jmsdarch@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2013 23:19:28 -0800
I have noticed the gaskets on the healey vary in thickness from
almost paper thin to medium and then thick; however I am not meaning
as thick as cork in this instance.

I had a somewhat medium thick gasket fail at the rear mounting plate
below the cam oil return. I was going to install a slightly thicker
gasket but now I am thinking a very thin gasket much like the ones at
the rear hub should be used. The Moss catalog does not list the
gasket so I will cut one out.

What thickness of gasket material should I use for between the rear
mounting plate and engine?

Thank you,

John Spaur
San Jose, CA