Re: [Healeys] Windshield & Top trim replacement

To: <healey100m@gmail.com>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Windshield & Top trim replacement
From: Jean Caron <vintage_roadster_restoration@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2013 17:47:46 +0000
Randy:
I want to clarify my previous message here, the original material is not being
made anymore, from what David Nock had told me a while back was because the
type of glue used was flammable or something like that. The material used by
Bristleflex first of all holds on far better than the original stuff and
without the need for pop rivets on the windshield posts which was needed on
the original material. As well where it bends to attach to the top lip of the
fender, you have lot less hassle with the Bristleflex and it holds in place,
the colour of the material used by Bristleflex is correct, the texture of the
material is different simply because the material is not available anywhere. I
have used the Bristleflex which is supplied by Martin MacGregor from Ontario
on several cars for the doors and windshield posts(for BJ7 & 8) and for me
anyway, it's the way to go simply because it stay in place, it grips far
better. If you can get samples from Martin, you will see the difference.

Jean Caron
Winnipeg

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/vintage_roadster_restoration@ho