Re: [Healeys] Automatic Choke

To: Charlie Schott <schottc@knology.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Automatic Choke
From: Alan Seigrist <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2013 10:25:10 +0800
Cc: Ahealey help <healeys@autox.team.net>
Hi Charlie -

The Auxiliary Enrichment Device, as it is called, is actually quite nice to
have provided you don't use the Otter switch to activate it.  Just rig up a
switch to activate it and it works quite well.  The downsides of it is you
have to make sure it is all buttoned up correctly (or it can leak) and your
float bowls need to be adjusted properly or your carbs run too rich.  It's
all fairly easy to deal with provided you know the one or two tricks to
keep the AED from leaking fuel + disconnect the otter switch (which was a
fix advisory issued by the factory).

Best,

Alan