[Healeys] paints

To: healeys@autox.team.net <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] paints
From: <healeymanjim@hansencc.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2013 03:17:24 +0000
i have used both base/clear and single stage.  i like the single stage as it
not as "glassy" as base/clear, and is easy to put on.  i used a quart of the
cheapest single stage i could find for first coat, figuring i would find plenty
of places i had to do over.  it came out fine and all i had to do was buff it
in a few places.  i think the quart cost me about 25 bucks, plus the hardner
and thinner, less than 100 bucks overall.  i am not counting the primer,
sandpaper, etc, as i have lots of that around.  BTW, has anyone used the new
water based primer.  my brother gave me a quart and said it works great, but i
am a little afraid of using it on something like my healey.