Re: [Healeys] Clunk again

To: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>, Healey <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Clunk again
From: Joe and Lenore Armour <sebring@hotkey.net.au>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2013 23:59:11 +1100
Bob Spidell wrote:

> Good point.  Also--thought of this earlier but figured it was a long
> shot--Healey drum brakes are self-energizing:

    In the case of drum brakes with a single cylinder/piston,  only one
shoe, that is the leading shoe , is self-energising.  The other shoe is,
'trailing'

Healey rear brakes are single cylinder/piston.

One thing not mentioned yet I believe is;      are the shoes square to
the drum face achieved by adjusting the 'post' which is at right anle /
square to the backing plate and shoe face located on the cylinder?

Joe