Re: [Healeys] Tires

To: John Rowe <jkrowe46@bigpond.net.au>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Tires
From: Oudesluys <coudesluijs@chello.nl>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2013 23:13:59 +0100
Cc: Healeys@autox.team.net
John,

Nokian is a Finnish or Swedish brand which is fairly popular in some
parts of Europe. Originally the same people from the Nokia mobile
phones. They are generally very good quality and the type I have chosen
had excellent straight line stability and dry road characteristics
according to the European consumer tests. Wet road characteristics were
very good while wear was reasonable to good, but wear is not an issue on
classic cars. I use 205/55R15, which is a fairly common modern size, on
modern old style 15x6"rims, so I have the luxury benefit of being able
to choose from many quality makes and types for reasonable prices. I
paid 410 for 4 tires including fitting and balancing.
I have used Nokians a few times before on my daily driver and was quite
pleased with them.

I am not sure if Nokian makes tyres in the standard size you want for
the AH's.
Kees Oudesluijs
NL