[Healeys] FW: BJ8 radiator cap issue

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] FW: BJ8 radiator cap issue
From: "David Porter" <frogeye@porterscustom.com>
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2013 19:47:41 -0600
Somewhere in my book learning days I recall reading that truly efficient
stoichiometric operation also required coolant temps of  190F.
 Does this ring a bell? I do know that modern cars are allowed to heat to
240F or more before the cooling fans engage..
Dave

frogeye@porterscustom.com

I have always raised the operating temperatures ( usually between
82-960C) on my cars, adding if necessary an expansion vessel, a bigger
radiator and a thermostatically controlled electric fan and often also
raised the pressure as to prevent boiling.
You can still use a bellows thermostat, but you cannot rely on its given
opening temperature. Determine that when it is installed when you watch
your temperature gauge.

Kees Oudesluijs