Re: [Healeys] Da clunk

To: "'Richard Kahn'" <tahoehealey@hotmail.com>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Da clunk
From: "Tracy Drummond" <bighealey@charter.net>
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2013 06:34:06 -0700
Richard,

Your clunk brings up a question.  Is it worthwhile to re-lace the rims with
new hubs or just replace the whole wheel once the splines get worn.  I have
new rear splines not installed.  I replaced all splines and wheels when I
bought the car (50K miles ago).  The reason for me buying rear splines is
that I hear a "spline" clunk from the rear occasionally and they were on
sale at the time.

So before I replace the rear splines (and probably the fronts when I do
bearings, shall I get new wheels or have JB in Santa Cruz re-lace my old
ones).

That is the question............................since I have been counseled
to replace them as a set (splines and wheels).