Re: [Healeys] 100-6/3000 overrive dash switch - Lucas?

To: fiat500f@aol.com, Oudesluys <coudesluijs@chello.nl>, Healey List <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] 100-6/3000 overrive dash switch - Lucas?
From: Curtis Arndt <cnaarndt@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2013 16:22:51 -0700
Paul & Kees,

The early dash overdrive switches (BN1s through BT7s) while having a Lucas
part number where in fact made by other vendors, "ARCOELECTRIC" and "ARROW"
to be specific.

In fact I have and NOS Lucas overdrive switch in the box, but the NOS
switch inside is made by ARROW.  The Lucas part no. on the box is 31452 and
is correct as listed in the period Lucas catalogs for the 100s.  This
switch is for the early BN1s up to around early to mid 1954 and had a very
short toggle with a ball end plus the wires were soldered on verses being
attached with screws.

The later BN1 switches were made by ARCO ELECTRIC and and had a similar
short toggle but tapered like the later switch toggles. It's bakelite base
was much smaller like the ARROW switch but it now had brass screws to
attach the two wires.

Starting with the BN2 through the BT7s the switches were the familiar long
toggle type with a bigger Bakelite base also made by ARCO ELECTRIC.

Now the question is... was ARCO ELECTRIC part of LUCAS or a contracted
vendor

Paul and Kees, see photos, and yes I know the list strips photos, so the
rest of you will have to request that I send these to you.

Cheers,

Curt

On Thu, Apr 11, 2013 at 12:16 AM, <fiat500f@aol.com> wrote:

> Is the overdrive switch on the dash of the BN4/6/7/BT7 a Lucas switch?  I
> can't find anything in the Lucas books listing the number.  I just have the
> BMC number, 1B9030.  Odd!
>
>  - Paul B.

IMG_4465.JPG]

IMG_4463.JPG]