Re: [Healeys] BJ8 extra wires

To: Phil Jarrett <pjarrett14@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] BJ8 extra wires
From: Michael Salter <michaelsalter@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2013 17:33:27 -0400
Cc: "healeys@autox.team.net" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Hi Phil,
I'm so glad you asked. It is one of the great mysteries of life..
In the BJ7 /  BJ8 parts book in the electrical section the horns are
listed. I've attached a photo of the page but it won't show up on the
"list".
Prior to the BJ8 (*H BJ8 25315*) only one bracket 57H5309 is listed. This
is the triangular bracket that attaches to the shroud support with 2 screws
and to the center of the horn with one.
After the introduction of the BJ8 the quantity of that bracket increases to
2.
Now just how the second horn was mounted on the BJ7 I really have no idea,
but I can assure you that I have seen several original BJ7s with the horns
on opposite sides of the engine compartment.
I suspect that the larger carburetors of the BJ8 pushed the air cleaner
back into the position where the right hand horn was located on the BJ7
requiring that it be moved to the other side for the BJ8.
I think that section of the parts book was done by "the new boy" as they
also failed to put in the illustration number (15) which you can see we
have written in by hand .

Michael S

--
Michael Salter

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of Horn
Bracket Page.jpg]