Re: [Healeys] Maximum 2.6 Bore

To: Healey <Healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Maximum 2.6 Bore
From: Michael Salter <michaelsalter@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2013 09:42:38 -0400
Although others may have had different experiences I can definitely say
that mine with a 100/6 block bored to 83.34mm was not good...
The "race ready" engine (100/6 block bored to 2912cc) that we purchased
"grenaded" spectacularly within the first 20 minutes of running.
In "The Story of The Big Healeys" Geoff mentions in the second paragraph of
the chapter on the development of the 3000 that "a new cylinder block
casting had to be made for the 2912 c.c. unit".
If any one would like to see some pictures of the results I would be happy
to send them!!

Michael S

--
Michael Salter