[Healeys] What's the rub? tire rub Healey

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: [Healeys] What's the rub? tire rub Healey
From: akronzips@aol.com
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2013 14:55:46 -0400 (EDT)
I just recently got my BT7 Healey back on the road. The tires I selected are
Vredstein 185 x 70 x 15". A very aggressive tire tread and quite stout. The
trouble arises when I drive it. If I hit a bump,  I get tire rub on the inside
of the front fenders. I know several solutions would be, buy a set of 165 or
175 x70 x15 In short down size. Another would be to increase the body height
by 1" inch or 2"  by adding what? Shock absorbers, add a leaf to rear , redo
the entire system and raise the body with new more modern shocks. Is there any
way of adjusting the front British standard shocks?
Cheers
Howard 61 BT7
Tri-Carb Rally Replica

PC280395 Looking like a car now dec 28 12.jpg]