Re: [Healeys] Fusing and wire sizes

To: "'healeys'" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Fusing and wire sizes
From: "BJ8 Healeys" <sbyers@ec.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2013 15:46:17 -0400
I used 14 gauge wire to install the driving lights.  That size wire has a
maximum safe current capacity of 32 amps.  I used a 20A in-line fuse
installed in the wire from the battery to relay terminal 30.

I chose not to install a relay or fuse for the headlights, since they have
operated just fine without either one for 40 years now and the light switch
in the car is the one that was there when I bought it in 1984.

Steve Byers
HBJ8L/36666
BJ8 Registry
Havelock, NC  USA