Re: [Healeys] 100 Service Manual trivia query

To: "robertlarson@att.net" <robertlarson@att.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] 100 Service Manual trivia query
From: Richard Korn <cynicbass@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2013 09:34:03 +0000
Cc: Healey List <healeys@autox.team.net>
Bob,

I have the 97H997D for my BN2 with the supplement bound in.The Bill Piggott
book has a short section on Austin-Healey Literature and he states,

"With every new Hundred sold a rather distinguished-looking hardback driver's
handbook was issued, in a dark red cover with gold lettering., publication
number 996. This ran through five BN1 versions plus two BN2 editions, and then
from mid-1954 the do-it-yourself owner was able to obtain an official
service/workshop manual with a cover to match the driver's handbook.The manual
was publication number 997 and it went through six editions, the first two for
the BN1 alone, the third for the BN1 but with a BN2 supplement, with the final
three versions covering both the BN1 and BN2 models."

I'm sure Peter Svilans or Roger Moment could say whether the first edition
states 997 or 997A.

Richard
BN2

Sent from my iPad