Re: [Healeys] Cool aftermarket stuff accepted in concours

To: "editorgary@aol.com" <editorgary@aol.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Cool aftermarket stuff accepted in concours
From: Michael Salter <michaelsalter@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 2 May 2013 11:00:54 -0400
Cc: "healeys@autox.team.net" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Absolutely agree Gary.. IMHO the woodrim wheel thing was a very bad
decision. I would bet that at least 95% of Healey's had the original
plastic Bluemel's wheels when delivered.
Certainly the original wheels are very difficult to restore, I have over 50
hours in the one for #174 and it is still not finished to the standard I
would like.
IMHO installing a woodrim wheel completely changes the patina of the
interior, particularly pre wood dash cars but it is the easy way out to be
sure.

Michael S