Re: [Healeys] Spring Fire in Newbury Park, California

To: Bert Van Brande <bertvanbrande@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Spring Fire in Newbury Park, California
From: Chris Dimmock <austin.healey@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 4 May 2013 17:42:09 +1000
Cc: List Healey <healeys@autox.team.net>
Hi Bert,
i was only just reading about the fire this afternoon here in Sydney Australia
http://mobile.news.com.au/world-news/california-wildfire-doubles-in-size/stor
y-fndir2ev-1226635036811

My prayers are with you and your family, good luck and hope it all goes well
for everyone involved. I grew up near a National Park in Sydney, and it never
got as bad for us as you have described.
Sincerely.
Chris

On 04/05/2013, at 3:33 PM, Bert Van Brande <bertvanbrande@yahoo.com> wrote:

> It's been a crazy couple days... it all started with a careless driver
tossing
> a cigaret out of a car on the 101 at the Conejo incline yesterday morning at
> moment when we had Santa-Anna winds. These winds come from the north-east
> inland and as they speed up through the canyons they heat up.  Temperatures
> rose yesterday by 20-30 degree Fahrenheit and humidity dropped from 80% to
> single digit. In no time this fire spread to Camarillo and the Dos Vientos
> community in Newbury Park where the Sycamore Canyon Elementary and Middle
> school and the high-school needed to be evacuated. So my wife picked up
> Benjamin and Helena and brought a couple friends to our house to shelter
until
> things cleared on the other side of the community.  No houses were lost due
> amazing fire crews.
>
> From there the fire raced down to the pacific ocean about
> 8 miles away. On the way down the California State University Channel
Islands
> needed to be evacuated.  This used to be a Mental institution (nothing
> changed, right?)  and rumored to be the Hotel California from that same
Eagles