[Healeys] Oil pressure

To: Healey Lista <healeys@autox.team.net> milter-greylist-4.0 (smtpout2.bornet.net [148.160.16.68]); Wed, 15 May 2013 23:13:09 +0200 (CEST)
Subject: [Healeys] Oil pressure
From: Magnus Karlsson <magnuskarlsson@bornet.net>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2013 23:13:07 +0200
I have a problem with an engine that I just restored completely. The oil
pressure gets too high when revved over 2500. The pressure reaches all the way
up too 80 psi, which of course is way too much. The strange thing is when the
engine is cold and you rev it, the pressure will not rise above 60 psi. Quite
contrary to the normal behavior. The oil pump is a new Denis Welch unit, the
oil pressure release valve and spring are new, all bearings in the engine are
new, all parts have been machined to the right tolerances. I4ve tried with a
used release valve and spring that is quite softer than the new one. Resulting
in the same high pressure.

This has got me quite puzzled and I ran out of ideas on how to solve this. Has
anyone experienced the same symptoms and did you find a working solution? I4m
desperate for good advise!

TIA,

www.concourshealeys.com