[Healeys] Pertronix Electronic Ingnition for BJ8 with TR6 Distributor Ca

To: "healeys @autox.team.net" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] Pertronix Electronic Ingnition for BJ8 with TR6 Distributor Cap
From: Dave Murphy <roadwarriordave@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2013 15:42:34 -0400 FILETIME=[A7D742F0:01CE6612]
I use a Triumph TR6 style distributor cap (Moss # 560-145) on my negative
ground BJ8. I want to buy a spare Pertronix Igniter Electronic Ignition to
carry with me to Charlevoix Conclave.

Should I buy the one made for the Triumph, Moss # 222-395 which says it fits a
negative ground 22 D6 distributor hoping it will fit on the BJ8 shaft & plate;
or should I buy the one made for the negative ground Austin Healey 3000, Moss
# 222-415 which says it fits a negative ground Lucas 23 and 25 D6 distributors
hoping it can fit under the TR6 cap?

Unfortunately I won't have my BJ8 handy for about a week to look and see what
Pertronix is currently installed on it.

Does anyone know the difference between the 2 Pertronix units and would they
please advise me which one to buy for my application?

Thanks!

-Dave Murphy, 66 BJ8

Dearborn Micigan