Re: [Healeys] Jaguar prablem

To: George Vernau Sr <gvernau@gmail.com> s=q20121106; t=1370896692; bh=5q5L4b4fGItvV1y772pLXC4KZ3qEiOtj5/oCZqHtEC4=; h=Received:Received:Date:From:To:Message-ID:Subject:MIME-Version: Content-Type; b=P7cN8GblpKU65ST0+sumauNHH50RxCljLkqVYnmA4Qs354spEG6nYyAWzgTjBVYbP NcBKL+V67AesM9hnUVEcjETTl/qMiCPG2FdP940IjndCNqYMPNCRpNxcnJr22X59aH rqnkJEj2r49+zU6OZyFViC7AKB1aHZyWKL2+6wbue1QeVppF1RTYj1IQjaA2q/8MHU /sT0OLkyQ8NawRnN8vkk23ZLZ5MNlIT6/rY+3QNlTyPXbFU3RMqiwNUGF40jCIjQxO ppAkNQQ45M2BITGzMDWcdqpwEKwS84e8fxcrxhuX8ln1lkaSYnI9LQs3Ni3J68ITtr Wkw3iDIhzv/Fw==
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Jaguar prablem
From: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2013 20:38:12 +0000 (UTC)
Cc: Healey list <healeys@autox.team.net>
My folks had the same problem with their LS, except the car would die outright
instead of just limp (really inconvenient when merging on a busy freeway).
Found a website where a pro mechanic had captured the problem with elaborate
diagnostic equipment--a failing coil or two can cause a voltage spike on the
primary ignition circuit which knocked the ECU unconscious! Eight new coils
solved the problem.

That's a well-known problem with the LS--have heard of people picking up
creampuffs on the cheap and installing new coils and getting a really nice car
for next-to-nothing (my folks were ready to dump theirs until we found the
problem).

Bob

Bob Spidell - San Jose, CA