Re: [Healeys] Pertronix Electronic Ingnition for BJ8 with TR6 Distributo

To: Tom Felts <tomfelts@windstream.net>, "healeys @autox.team.net" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Pertronix Electronic Ingnition for BJ8 with TR6 Distributor Cap
From: Dave Murphy <roadwarriordave@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2013 01:42:56 -0400
Tom,

I use the TR cap, because I am very familiar with that style of cap on my old
Buicks, Oldsmobiles and Chryslers & because I'm afraid of the Healey cap.

A TR style cap was on my car when I bought it 14 years ago, and I stick with
that style each time I change it.

I think the Healey cap is wierd and I look at it suspiciously as something to
be avoided. I guess the Healey style of cap was probably used in other cars
besides the Healey, but I've never encountered any other vehicles that use
this funny looking cap and that tends to make me stay away from it.
I once bought a Healey cap as a spare but I have never been brave enough to
try it. I wonder whether I might be overchallenged to attach the wires with
the correct clamp pressure (what ever that is?) so that i don't damage the
wires but so that they stay reliably attached.

I'm not good at swedging or soldering electrical connectors and often get
others to do these things for me and with my luck I'd probably buy wires that
wouldn't work with the Healey cap.

 -Dave

> Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2013 22:23:15 -0400
> From: tomfelts@windstream.net