Re: [Healeys] Temp gauge 30 degrees off - why?

To: Tracy Drummond <bighealey@charter.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Temp gauge 30 degrees off - why?
From: "Steve B. Gerow" <steveg@abrazosdata.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2013 16:14:16 -0800
Cc: healeys@autox.team.net <healeys@autox.team.net>
Tracy,
Thanks for the suggestions.

I ran it to 190, installed the needle, turned off the motor; it coasted up a
few degrees then I observed it down to below 160 before I buttoned up the
t-stat. The gauge stayed in coincidence with the cooking thermometer. Harbor
freight laser thermometer confirms same temp from outside. So it's a lot closer
than before.

I was going to have it overhauled but couldn't get the bulb nut out. Think I
rounded it a little. Decided to do it the above way. Still a lot better than
being 30 degrees off.

--
Steve Gerow
Altadena CA