Re: [Healeys] Metallic Green Suspension

To: "Patrick & Caroline Quinn" <p_cquinn@tpg.com.au>, greylinn@ozemail.com.au
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Metallic Green Suspension
From: John Harper <ah100register@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2013 08:44:12 +0100
Cc: Forum <healeys@autox.team.net>
Dear Patrick and Peter

I believe that we might be considering two different issues here. The BN1
stub axles, lower links etc. are the same as the A40 Somerset that Peter
mentioned but also the A70 Hereford, A90 Atlantic and others. Austin tended
to colour code some items that were similar but not quite the same such as
coil springs so as not to get them fitted to the wrong cars.

However the later versions of stub axles as fitted to BN2 and presumably
Patrick's car and later models were heavier and such things as the lower
links were handed and cranked. These started life on the A90 Westminster
and were in my view BMC parts not Austin.

Assuming that Patrick's suspension is the later heavier, BN2 on version,
then I have not heard of this colour coding continuing but who knows what
might have happened with a 'special'.

Sorry that I could not help more

Best regards

--