Re: [Healeys] How Fast Does My Drive Shaft Spin??David -

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] How Fast Does My Drive Shaft Spin??David -
From: Per Schoerner <per@schoerner.se>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2013 10:25:33 +0200
Price
If you decide to tap the speed from the speedometer cable then you have
the requested number on your speedometer, after the model number,
probably SN 6125/22, you have the speedometer calibration number,
probably 1000. That is the number of turns per mile for the speedometer
to show 60 and advance the trip/odometers with one (mile). If you want
to calculate for yourself the speedometer drive gear ratio is 3.2:1,
e.g. for every 3.2 turns of the prop shaft the speedometer cable turns once.

Per