Re: [Healeys] Overdrive drain plug

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Overdrive drain plug
From: healeyguy@aol.com
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2013 18:18:41 -0400 (EDT)
OK its time for a reality check. Unless you owned a BMC repair shop or had
access to the factory service tool, which I have not found a part number for
yet, most mechanics have used a drift and hammer to finalize the tightening
process of the OD second type drain plug. True the tool is readily available
now days if you really need a tool that you will use a few times during your
ownership although the OD filter should be cleaned more often. You only have
to tap a brass drift a couple times to snug the plug. If you have to beat on
the plug to stop a leak, the fiber washer probably needs changed.
Sorry for the rant....
Aloha
Perry