Re: [Healeys] engine tie rod

To: "'Bob Spidell'" <bspidell@comcast.net>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] engine tie rod
From: "Patrick & Caroline Quinn" <p_cquinn@tpg.com.au>
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2013 15:46:31 +1000
G'day

With the engine being such a tight fit, the harmonic balancer of the BN3/1
is but a 1/4 inch from the bottom radiator hose and the radiator fan a 1/2
inch from a front chassis section. Over the years I have heard a few
unwanted noises from the engine moving forward. So the engine/gearbox tie
rod is of some importance. I stopped using the rubber bushes a long time
back and in their place I have used urethane bushes, but they too harden,
crack and crumble.

So it's best to check such things regularly or else the radiator fan (Texas
cooler of not) will leave a last impression on the radiator.

Hoo Roo

Patrick Quinn
Blue Mountains, Australia