Re: [Healeys] On the road again!

To: healeys@autox.team.net, john spaur <jmsdarch@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] On the road again!
From: "J. Scott Morris" <jstmorris@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2013 08:20:08 -0700 (PDT)
Congratulations John.  A tip of the hat and glass to you for persevering with
your task.  Any restoration takes a combination of Money, Skills, Time, and
Passion and you made it.  Now enjoy the road and yoiu will find that overdrive
to be very handy on those long, high speed tours.

Well done John.

--Scott Morris; Simcoe, Ontario, Canada       - Keep Smiling, Murphy Lives
PS: Now all I have to do is get at mine which is also a b62 MkII BT7.

On Thu, 8/8/13, john spaur <jmsdarch@sbcglobal.net> wrote:<<  I am declaring
my 1962 MKII 3000  officially back on the road after a multi-year
restoration.
 I have only driven it about 160 miles on short trips. There are a few things
to finish up and it needs some fine tuning because it seems to lack the power
I feel it should have.   There is a little backfiring while accelerating and
under  load uphill. The front and rear carbs are a little rich and the middle
carb seems fine as judged from looking at the plug colors. It is mostly stock
except for a Denis Welch cam and a lightened flywheel. It also has a Lempert
differential which kind of makes the OD useless.

Many thanks to all of the listers. The help was invaluable and provided the
answers and guidance that was so often  needed during the restoration process.
I am not leaving the  list because I am sure to have more questions, need help
and  of course, help others achieve there goal of keeping these  wonderful
cars running.  >>