Re: [Healeys] LM Disaster film

To: "'José Vicente Vargas'" <jvvmusme@yahoo.com>, "'Alan Seigrist'" <healey.nut@gmail.com>, "'Healey'" <Healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] LM Disaster film
From: "Patrick & Caroline Quinn" <p_cquinn@tpg.com.au>
Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2013 08:51:26 +1000
G'day

Below is an extract of the findings from the French investigation following
the tragedy.

Mr Hawthorn, driver of Jaguar car No. 6   overtook on the left the car No
26 driven by Lance Macklin, then suddenly came back on the right and braked;
Macklin, surprised by such driving inclined to the left just as he was
joined by car No. 20 driven by Levegh who, trying to pass on the extreme
left of the track, happened to collide with the left side of car No. 26 and
ran against the safety banking.

Hoo Roo

Patrick Quinn
Blue Mountains, Australia