Re: [Healeys] Front Wheel Cylinders

To: "Patrick & Caroline Quinn" <p_cquinn@tpg.com.au>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Front Wheel Cylinders
From: John Harper <ah100register@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2013 09:00:43 +0100
Cc: Forum <healeys@autox.team.net>
Patrick

One early BN1s the wheel cylinders were 1" diameter all around. The same
for BN2 and 100/6.

However the later BN1s with 5 stud rear axle and 2 1/4" rear brakes had
7/8" front wheel cylinders. Larger rear brakes than front is rather
illogical but came about under pressure to fit BMC parts rather that Austin
units. The smaller front wheel cylinders appear to have balanced up the
braking effort from different width drums but the theory behind this is to
me rather obscure.

I would suggest that you fit the same diameter cylinders as were originally
fitted.

Best regards

--
Best wishes