[Healeys] Fwd: Re: High speed miss

To: "R. Price Lindsay" <050.rpl@gmail.com>, 4 - Healeys <healeys@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: [Healeys] Fwd: Re: High speed miss
From: Oudesluys <coudesluijs@chello.nl>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2013 16:46:19 +0200
First of all: read 500 +/-30 as 50 degrees +/-3 degrees similarly 36
degrees +/-2 degrees. The small o for degrees has been changed in the
email to 0 which makes it look rather silly.

I know there are systems where you can adjust the dwell angle/points gap
while the engine is running, however I never came across them. Not so on
the Lucas and most other conventional distributors. It is trial and
error. You set it up appr. with the right points gap, then you measure
the dwell angle with a running engine, adjust the points with the engine
off and measure the dwell angle again etc. Just as often as needed to
get it right. After doing so a few times you will get the hang of it and
it will be a piece of cake the next time.

Kees Oudesluijs
NL