Re: [Healeys] BJ8 Front Wheel Noise

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] BJ8 Front Wheel Noise
From: Oudesluys <coudesluijs@chello.nl>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2013 09:01:03 +0200
Most likely the pads that pick up on the disk, annoying but not really a
hazard. Can be caused by calipers that have slight wear around the edges
of the pads, slightly warped disk or to much play in the wheel bearings.
I have had the same problem for years. Refitting the pads with some
copper grease on the back and sliding edges will help for a while as
will fitting new pads, but it will come back all the time.
As the brakes work perfectly I have learned to live with it until a full
rebuilt is on the hands.
Kees Oudesluijs
NL