Re: [Healeys] Temp sensor

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Temp sensor
From: Oudesluys <coudesluijs@chello.nl>
Date: Mon, 02 Sep 2013 08:41:52 +0200
Ira,
For $250 I would have a go first at repairing the existing gauge using
the aether bulb and capillary tube from a cheap tempature gauge that
fits your car, with or without an adaptor, as sold by most car accessory
shops. Ask Bert van Brande for the instructions. If you can restore a
car you can repair one of these gauges, no problem. All you need is a
deep freeze, soldering iron, soft solder and a small lathe with a but of
brass to make a sleeve to connect the new and old capillary tubes.
Kees Oudesluijs
NL