[Healeys] Quandry

To: healeys <healeys@autox.team.net> s=q20121106; t=1379818380; bh=foaDtoziO7JT1YPjfzjjoRDcLJA8D0U+SxdUFehfIVg=; h=Received:Received:Date:From:To:Message-ID:Subject:MIME-Version: Content-Type; b=kWMan+WsgRdSoQI1DONAvIj8WTqd25SRnHqtWP2rhJrZCcYrNL18nbGeQWA993qNn u4V3OHemj+q1boKgm0gWNEi44o0RT9wakIOSg5o6tLwpA54gCy9oW1zbDS/H7WFEPW Q4uXMqGg6vaga2cbxXN2EawcTbvu83qW6f+U+y3PieX4lMCtVU+P4VtkzSDyEb82Xy KS5X8VmwrnbSiYhEGZPW8hWsruymrNEgvVQ3SyydEEwM6SIwjLEFgRVadTOgCgY/iL adXnAOFa0wlpDs3yZEHwck64OfPx+GYPs5yBB2itRnulbTFabrCNe1tQLVSfWxEyC1 nRIqzYf/N4Zgw==
Subject: [Healeys] Quandry
From: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2013 02:53:00 +0000 (UTC)
As some of you might have guessed, I'm trying to reassemble the gearbox
extension and cover for our BN2. I expected this to be a simple bolt-up--yeah,
I know I should know better--but I'm missing something. Figured out the
extension fits--with large gaps apparently for carpet, etc. But, with the
extension installed in a logical fashion the gearbox cover sits about an inch
away according to the existing sheetmetal screw holes. I know there should be a
seal between the extension and the cover, and a half-inch gap I could see, but
and inch? Is there another part in there I'm missing? Everything seems to have
its place--screw holes line up--but they don't seem to 'connect.'

None of these parts have been modified since they came off the car and,
unfortunately I don't have photos (probably because when we disassembled it
seemed obvious). Anybody got photos of these?

Any and all help and suggestions appreciated.

Bob