[Healeys] cold starting

To: "healeylist" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] cold starting
From: "Dr. C. Rubino" <ruvino@ripnet.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2013 12:29:32 -0400
Recently the weather dropped to 34F overnight. My car is in an unheated garage
so I would think the temp might have been closer to 40F.

Very reluctant to start and when it does hisses and fisses with reduced
acceleration until water temp hits about 130F or above then runs fine.

I know it is a British car and doesnbt like the cold but....oil pressure
comes up fine but obviously the oil is quite cold.

Should I put this down to normal and put it in storage or what?

Carl
BN-4 (Longbridge)