[Healeys] Overdrive slipping

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: [Healeys] Overdrive slipping
From: BJ8 Healeys <sbyers@ec.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2013 19:09:48 -0400
Hello, Healeyphiles -

I've begun feeling some slipping in the overdrive when I try to accelerate in
third gear with overdrive engaged -- i.e., the engine RPMs increase but there
is no acceleration.  I have also heard a "spinning" sound from somewhere during
slipping. It doesn't happen with overdrive disengaged or if I accelerate
gently.  I suspect the linings of the overdrive cone clutch are worn.
Naturally, the clutch and its linings are N/A in the Moss catalog.

Anybody have any different theories about the slippage?  Anybody know a source
for the clutch linings or rebuild of the cone clutch?

Thanks,

Steve Byers
HBJ8L/36666
BJ8 Registry