[Healeys] What are these things in my block?

To: "healeys@autox.team.net" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] What are these things in my block?
From: Mike Tobin <ahbt71@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2013 15:45:22 -0400
Just brought the lump home from the machine shop.  With the paint and crud
removed I can see these non-ferrous plugs  on either side of the small
freeze plugs.  The factory parts list calls them "Plug for water gallery
(large/small)."  Why are they there?  There's another (vertical) one on the
distributor side.

I got a minor rush when the first thing the machine shop guy did when I
went to pick up the engine was hand me the engine number plate (nicely
wrapped in paper). I'd forgotten to take it off and figured it would be
lost in the dip.

Cheers,
mike tobijn
Pepperell, MA