Re: [Healeys] OD -- leave it on around town?

To: Team Healey List <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] OD -- leave it on around town?
From: BJ8 Healeys <sbyers@ec.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2013 9:31:56 -0400
No, I've been driving my BJ8 like that for 30 years and 110K miles except that
I don't particularly wind it out in second.    Recently, though, I've been
feeling some slipping in O/D when I accelerate in 3rd.  My suspicion is that
the sliding clutch in the overdrive has worn linings, which could be the result
of leaving the O/D switch on when the O/D will be engaging/disengaging itself
frequently around town.  I have always tried to be gentle with the O/D, not
selecting it while under heavy acceleration.

Steve Byers
HBJ8L/36666
BJ8 Registry
Havelock, NC  USA