Re: [Healeys] Suggestions Lucas Altette Horn Hestoration

To: <rrengineer.mike@att.net>, <michaelsalter@gmail.com>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Suggestions Lucas Altette Horn Hestoration
From: WILLIAM B LAWRENCE <ynotink@msn.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2013 01:53:31 +0000
This is something I have wondered about too. There doesn't seem to be anything
special about the screws, but they always seem to be locked up too tight to
remove. I'm speculating there may be some type of electrolytic reaction
between the screws and the threads in the horn body. Maybe some sort of a
reverse corrosion electrolytic bath would loosen them. Otherwise drilling the
old screws out and re-threading the holes might work.

Bill Lawrence

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/rrengineer.mike@att.net

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/ynotink@msn.com