Re: [Healeys] Revelations and Questions

To: Jackson Krall <jackson_krall@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Revelations and Questions
From: Derek Job <derek.c.job@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2013 08:37:49 +0000
Cc: healeys@autox.team.net
Is it really correct that the aluminium engine was based on the MGC engine? I
have never heard that before. That car and the engine, which is not currently
in the car, are maintained by Paul Woolmer and Ive never heard him mention the
MGC design. I'll check with him.

John Chatham is currently re-manufacturing aluminium engine blocks based on
castings taken from one of the three (or four?) engines that were originally
made. I believe only two originals now exist.

Derek

On 7 Nov 2013, at 18:57, Jackson Krall <jackson_krall@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I've been pouring over my meagre collection of AH literature lately and a
few things of interest have come up, probably covered in books I don't have,
but some on the list might also take interest.

> GCH states that the whereabouts of KWD, the original 100 prototype, is
unknown. Is this still true?

> There was a 100 drop head coupe exercise. What happened to that car?
>
> The remote control Armstrong shocks recently discussed on the list were used
on the 100S spec, red and black, 100 coupe driven by DMH for some years.

> The aluminum block engine used in the last "works" built competition car,
PWB 57, for the illfated 1967 RAC rally, and I found this almost shocking and
deeply ironic,  was actually an MGC engine built for the GTS. I did not know
that.

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/derek.c.job@gmail.com